[Board] Resignation from Board

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Tue Feb 7 03:21:11 PST 2012

Jeroen:

As the December board meeting, a motion was passed to send Jeff to Beijing to report on the status of the Beijing team's preparations, as we had not had much communication with them as compared to the process in previous years.  Jeff was unable to make this trip, unfortunately.  However, in the past few weeks the Beijing team has been sending updates to the conference committee and things seem well underway; we're looking forward to a great conference in China.

Jeff's decision to resign from the board and the conference committee was his own decision, and I think his two emails covered what needed to be said.  This is sad, of course, but Jeff has his reasons and beyond that we should respect his privacy.

-mpg, board sec'y