[Board] Resignation from Board

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Tue Feb 7 19:04:39 PST 2012

Hey Jeff,

This is tough to take.  You are a huge asset to the OSGeo community,
and I'm hopeful that you will continue to fill that role in your own
way.  I've always appreciated your kindness, great humor, and
enthusiasm.

I haven't had nearly enough time or energy for the OSGeo board lately,
and I don't pretend to know all the details behind your decision.  But
if you were to reconsider your resignation or decide to come back on
board in the future, you'd have my wholehearted support.

Tim

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I think it is best that I resign from the OSGeo Board.  I've tried to be
> very active on the Board, since my first term's election in September of
> 2009.  I feel I did a good job representing OSGeo through the years.
>
> I have also resigned from the Conference Committee (email:
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2012-February/001633.html),
> which I feel is the right thing to do.  I don't feel this is a haste
> decision, I feel it is best to move aside now to let others prosper and let
> FOSS4G continue to be the great event that it is.
>
> I feel positive that OSGeo and FOSS4G will continue to grow (we can see that
> now as many other FOSS4G events are starting around the globe).
>
> Personally, I will continue to focus my work and passion on a few specific
> OSGeo software: mostly MapServer.  I plan on continuing my hard work for
> that community.
>
> So I may not be a visible OSGeo leader in the future, but I'll still be down
> in the trenches helping our (OSGeo's) software improve and continue to be
> the best.
>
> Thank you for letting me be a part of the Board since 2009, it has been a
> great experience for me.
>
> Your friend,
>
> -jeff

Tim Schaub