[Board] Resignation from Board

Arnulf Christl arnulf at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 8 13:06:07 PST 2012

Tim,
you are fine, thanks. Believe me, I was shocked when I saw his mail,
even although I saw it coming. I mean, go figure: There is a code sprint
and a board meeting at the same location and even although you get
reimbursed for the board meeting you don't go?

And yes, it looks bad - so much more important that we patch up what
good things we have so that OSGeo does not take damage.

Cheers,
Arnulf.

On 02/08/2012 11:01 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Folks
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Daniel Morissette
> <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
>> On 12-02-08 3:21 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>>>

>>> If Jeff was leaving because of e.g. family obligations or something
>>> far removed from the activities of the board there would be no issue
>>> here. However it seems quite clear that he is leaving due to finding
>>> the internal machinations of the board untenable.
>>

>> Internal machinations? Ouch!
>>
>> How about you ask Jeff directly instead of speculating? Only Jeff knows the
>> real reasons why he chose to resign, and as a friend I respect his decision.
>>

> Believe me, its not easy being someone who is born with their foot in
> their mouth and yes my email was poorly formulated, for which I
> apologise. The key sentiment remains:
>
> "Jeff leaving the board looks bad..."
>
> Kinda like Jonathon Ive walking out of Apple would....
>
> Ok it took me half an hour to compose those three lines above and
> probably I am still irritating at least one person...
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> --
>> Daniel Morissette
>> http://www.mapgears.com/
>> Provider of Professional MapServer Support since 2000

President, OSGeo
http://www.osgeo.org