[Board] Resignation from Board

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Feb 8 11:01:10 PST 2012

Folks

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Daniel Morissette
<dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> On 12-02-08 3:21 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>>

>> If Jeff was leaving because of e.g. family obligations or something
>> far removed from the activities of the board there would be no issue
>> here. However it seems quite clear that he is leaving due to finding
>> the internal machinations of the board untenable.
>

> Internal machinations? Ouch!
>
> How about you ask Jeff directly instead of speculating? Only Jeff knows the
> real reasons why he chose to resign, and as a friend I respect his decision.

Believe me, its not easy being someone who is born with their foot in
their mouth and yes my email was poorly formulated, for which I
apologise. The key sentiment remains:

"Jeff leaving the board looks bad..."

Kinda like Jonathon Ive walking out of Apple would....

Ok it took me half an hour to compose those three lines above and
probably I am still irritating at least one person...

Regards

Tim

> --
> Daniel Morissette
> http://www.mapgears.com/
> Provider of Professional MapServer Support since 2000

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net