[Board] First Latin American Conference of Free and Open Source GIS

maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it
Sun Jul 1 04:48:20 PDT 2012

Dear Board members
I sent some days ago to the discussion list a proposal to support the
First Latin America Conference of Free and Open Source GIS the
colleagues of Guayquil University and I are organizing for 22-23
October 2012.

The proposal founds enthusiastic comments also from other groups in
Latin American. Among them, the OSGeo spanish local chapter (Mauricio
Miranda has been the spokesman).

At that point, I'm wondering if OSGeo can support that initiative,
supporting travel and stay for one person of the OSGeo spanish local
chapter who will give an invited speech on OSGeo and on the Latin
America OSGeo.

Let me know please what is the opinion of the Board.

Obviolsly if you have other suggestions or if you want to contribute
more, you are very welcome!

Many thanks!
Waiting for your answer.

Nice sunday to All of you.
Maria

P.S. Attached the draft of the first "Call for Papers". In few days
the website is available.  Let us put please the logo of OSGeo on it!!