[Board] First Latin American Conference of Free and Open Source GIS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 3 06:00:15 PDT 2012

Hello Maria!

Although I am no longer on the Board, I can definitely give some
pointers: probably the fastest way to get your idea moving (which is an
excellent way to promote OSGeo/FOSS4G in Latin America!) is for you to
add the item on the next board meeting's wiki page
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2012-07-12) and then attend
that IRC session to discuss the idea.  From my experience on the Board
that is the best way to answer questions and get things moving.

If you can't attend that IRC session then have a representative of the
local committee attend.

What do you think of this plan?

Also, maybe the local committee needs an official OSGeo liason, which I
did for FOSS4G for so many years; it might be good to have this role for
this event.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Hello from Canada's beautiful East Coast!

-jeff