[Board] OSGeo as Strategic Institutional Partner for GWF 2013

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Jul 24 06:41:11 PDT 2012

Board,
I seem to have missed to add this to our last board meeting agenda,
sorry about this.

Geospatial Media and Communications, the organizer of the Geospatial
World Forum 2013 scheduled to be held in May 2013 in the Netherlands
invites OSGeo to become a Strategic Institutional Partner. It does not
involve any financial obligations from our side but we have the option
to organize an Open Source track (similar to what we did this year with
the great help of the OSGeo.NL team) and may also have a booth or info
corner for free.

The conference is envisaged to be attended by around 1500 delegates from
over 80 countries across the globe.

OSGeo already is Strategic Institutional Partner at the Asia edition of
the conference [1] so I don't know whether there is need for more
discussion here but I wanted to make this an official motion anyway.

I will send around a separate mail with a motion to accept the invitation.

Best regards,
Arnulf

[1] http://www.asiageospatialforum.org/

--