[Board] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Board elections Voting

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Jul 24 18:18:00 PDT 2012

Arnulf,

My comments inline.

On 2012/07/24 23:50, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
> On 07/24/2012 02:47 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Since the Charter members are voting, I thing a
>> consensus could be sought among the voters rather
>> than the board.
> You can add an item to the next board agenda including an explanation
> why you suggest a change back.

Could you please consider this e-mail as a request of adding to the next
board agenda.

> We have discussed direct Charter Member votes before and it is still
> simply not practical, we will not get anywhere. As CRO I am having the
> closest experience with Charter Member responsiveness you can imagine.
> It is hard enough to get the board attend regular meetings and cast
> votes, anything more than that wont work.
I think that it is quite practical and will work if we want to make it work.
Having said that and having raised the call for votes by Charter Members
on matters other than Board Elections, I think I will stop raising this
point
on the OSGeo board ML in future.
> (*) This is one great thing about the Web and how we run OSGeo - it is
> really, really transparent. You might have to dig a bit, but it is all
> there.
Full marks for transparency in the organization. Would be great if the
transparency is
mashed up with increased flexibility and participation from Charter Members.

Best regards

Venka