[Board] [Geotools-devel] Asking permission for re-licensing from LGPL to Apache

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Mon Jul 30 04:38:55 PDT 2012

On 07/30/2012 12:11 PM, Martin Desruisseaux wrote:
> Hello Ben
>
> Thanks you very much for your reply. There is some notes in-line,
> followed by a request to the OSGeo board and a modification of our
> request to the GeoTools PMC.
>

> Le 30/07/12 08:00, Ben Caradoc-Davies a écrit :
>> although I am a member of the PMC, I am now writing as an individual:
>> I personally agree with Frank's interpretation that contributors can
>> relicense their own contributions as they see fit. In fact, before
>> seeing your email quoting Frank, I quoted this same section of the
>> contributor agreement on another list.
>>
>> Martin, I welcome your approach to the OSGeo board, because the
>> interpretation of this clause affects all OSGeo projects and should be
>> addressed by the OSGeo board.
>
> I agree that this question should be resolved by the OSGeo board. My
> email sent last Friday [1] was asking for such clarification.

Martin,
this is an acknowledgement that the board has received your request and
will be acting upon at the soonest possible time. Please take into
account that we are in the middle of summer and people might be on
holidays. Our next scheduled board meeting is on 9. August [1], I added
the topic to the agenda.

Personally I agree with Frank but we will have to get approval form all
directors. Until then everything will just be personal opinions. Please
be patient if possible.

Best regards,
Arnulf

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2012-08-09#Agenda