[Board] Resurrecting the Eclipse discussion

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Jun 11 06:12:31 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I have been chatting to someone who it turns out is peripherally involved
in the Eclipse LWG and is going to be in on a conference call with them on
Thursday. He has a small open source GIS project, and they have offered to
put it under their banner. He is ambivalent, but I've asked him for some
more background on what they offer, and any process that projects would
need to go through. I'm hoping that this will fill in some of the gaps that
those of us (me in particular) had about what Eclipse are offering, so that
we can kick-start the discussion again- hopefully a bit more positively
this time with the additional background.

I hope that's useful, and that people feel the discussion is worth
kick-starting- I certainly do. If so, I'll report back towards the end of
the week when I have some more information.

All the best

Jo
--
***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

864201149.