[Board] Resurrecting the Eclipse discussion

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Tue Jun 12 09:16:59 PDT 2012

The board motion I proposed earlier was to encourage our projects to work with the Eclipse Foundation where it made sense to do so. It was intended to be a simple and relatively mild proposal as a first step towards working together in the future. Unfortunately, the reaction to this was negative and in some (off-list) cases downright hostile.

Given that reaction, I suspect it unlikely the Eclipse Foundation would be willing to sponsor OSGeo at this time. I'm certainly not willing to re-enter the fray without strong support from others in OSGeo.

_mpg