[Board] Resurrecting the Eclipse discussion

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue Jun 12 09:20:15 PDT 2012

I for one am not opposed to playing footsie (and, indeed, welcome our
new corporate overlords</gratuitousreference>), but at the end of the
day wonder "what does it mean?" What concrete actions would arise from
this talking? Projects dual-listed as "OSGeo projects" and "Eclipse
projects". Are we just saying that we don't expect our projects to "go
steady" with us (do we even currently expect them to? I don't think
so?) Are we saying more than that? I guess it never got past the
footsie stage so people are probably reacting to the blank slate of
possibilities by projecting their own worst (best) interpretations of
what *could* happen.

P.