[Board] MOTION: Approve schedule for the 2012 OSGeo elections

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Jun 14 00:25:44 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:
> Doc looks good to me.  I agree with Daniel's suggestions and added a
> section on nominee self-promotion.

The nominators could also share this burden by providing specific
details in support of the person they nominate..  There seems to be a
perennial debate on this topic.  It seems that some cultural
differences are such that some people are less likely to self-promote
than others.

Using Tim as an example, one could include ohloh stats,
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/tschaub?ref=Detailed  Nabble number of
posts (which are often spread over several 'accounts'),
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=190935
 and at least apparently,
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=197545
 Also any websites or blogs,
http://opengeo.org/about/team/tim.schaub/.  OSGeo wiki edits,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Special%3AContributions&tagfilter=&contribs=user&target=tschaub&namespace=&year=&month=-1
 Conferences presented at, etc.  Plus lots of other stuff that Tim
contributes (and he has been a long time Charter member already).

Hopefully this is already the type of stuff that Charter Members do
before voting.  Of course not all contributions a person makes to
OSGeo have a link for them but it is a start.  Even if not required to
provide specific details, it might be a nice thing to do when
nominating someone.

Bests, Eli