[Board] slides for Eclipse discussions next week

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Fri May 18 16:07:02 PDT 2012

Boarders, Andrew:

I have made up some slides for my meeting with the Eclipse Location Working Group next week:
   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17690616/Eclipse.pdf

I stress most strongly that these are slides for discussion purposes only, and that I am speaking here as a board member but not for the board itself.

In talking with Andrew (the Eclipse LWG convener) and others over the past couple weeks, I'm increasingly convinced that "out-sourcing" our larger marketing and long-hoped-for business development functions to the Eclipse Foundation would address much of what I see as OSGeo's institutional and existential angst over the past few years. However, I recognize this is likely to be a contentious issue, that there are a lot of details to think about, and that a lot of community discussion that will be needed.

Comments on the slides welcome, of course, and I will be providing a full write-up after the meeting on Tuesday.

_mpg