[Board] RE: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Beijing - a regional event

nicolas bozon nicolas.bozon at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:42:14 PDT 2012

Hi all

I agree with Tim that annoucing Beijing as regional would just make foss4g
marketing down...

>From what i could hear, LOC is expecting 300 attendees. Of course mainly
from China and South-East Asia.
But if more northern americans and europeans (and all nationalities and
tribes !) actually think to make it, may be Beijing could reach our usual 7
or 8 hundreds. no ?
I agree the so-so communication and late calls for everything may be
refrain most of us going.
But, still it will be a great fand different foss4g to be i believe, and
why not finally try to make it the global foss4g, as usual ?

LOC, Any hints, stats or thoughts about this may be ?

Best,

Nick