[Board] Eclipse meeting report

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Fri May 25 15:25:05 PDT 2012

I'm surprised, confused, and frankly disappointed by the lack of support I'm seeing here.

Despite my attempts to make my proposed motion as clear, conservative, nonthreatening, and even-handed as possible, I've received a positive response from only one board member and some very negative responses from others in the community too.

I tried to make a clear report, but a number of people seem to be reading into it a lot more than I'd intended. I'm not sure where I went wrong with this, but clearly I'm on a different page from most of you.

So, without sufficient support from the board, there's no need to take this over to osgeo-discuss and I'll withdraw my suggested motion.

-mpg