[Board] IRS 501c3 Requirement: renaming Marketing Committee to Outreach Committee

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 29 12:33:56 PST 2012

Board, Marketing Committee,

One of the things that came out of my discussions with our attorney
around the OSGeo vs IRS 501c3 questions is renaming the "Marketing
Committee" to "Outreach Committee" or another name along those lines
which would be better perceived in a non-profit context (i.e. less
commercial).

Would there be any problem with this name change? This is one thing that
we would like to propose in our response to the IRS. See the answer to
question #1 at

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/501c3_Application:_Questions_from_IRS,_September_2012

Daniel