[Board] Executive Committee Proposal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 17 13:11:34 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make tonight's meeting after all
> (I might catch the end of the meeting, if it runs long).
>
> Anyway, why does the new Exec Committee include anyone other than just
> Board Members?  I'm not saying it shouldn't (yet?), I'm just surprised by
> this and need to think about it some more -- seems like we'd be devolving
> responsibilities to a larger group, and I don't think we want to do that
> for moral reasons (the community elected the 7 board members to make
> decisions, not anyone else?) and logistical reasons (the decision making
> body is already big enough).

Michael,

I would contend that a larger decision making group is
not a serious problem when you have done away with
the quorum requirements.

I certainly wouldn't mind omitting the committee chairs
for the time being even though I think in the long term
it would be a good idea.  I suppose I really ought to provide
some justification for why I think it is a good idea.  Hmm.

warmerdam at pobox.com