[Board] Invitation to OSGeo to participate in LocationTech

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:22:44 PDT 2012

Board members,
Does anyone else have thoughts about participation with LocationTech? If
so, I suggest putting together in an email prior to the meeting.

My suggestion is:
* OSGeo should accept this invitation to join LocationTech. I think that
OSGeo/LocationTech working together will be much stronger than competing
against each other, and that this offer is a good first step toward
building a positive relationship.

* Preferably a board member should take the LocationTech position, as a
board position is a position of authority that has been voted on by the
community. (Delegation of responsibility by the board is fraught with
potential accusations of why one person was selected over another).

* I'd prefer not to be the OSGeo member, as my timezone is not conducive
for attending EU/US meeting times. However, I would like to monitor a
low traffic email list.