[Board] Advisory Board?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Sep 6 10:29:53 PDT 2012

Hi Mark,

I like your idea to engage companies such as Digital Globe.  In fact I
recently had a discussion with Mike Smith from the US Army Corps of
Engineers to possibly contact larger geo companies to share resources
for testing and data.  At that time we/I were dreaming of someone like
ESRI providing infrastructure (software/machines) to do
testing/benchmarking - but this is very similar to someone like Digital
Glob providing data sets (imagine the benefit to making GDAL and our
software projects grow).

I'm a strong +1 on your idea.

-jeff