[Board] Update on AGM/Sol Katz Award

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 19 05:49:15 PDT 2012

Hello fellow Board members,

Jáchym and I have reached out to Astrid and Arnulf to discuss the
possibility of hosting our AGM and the Sol Katz Award at Intergeo.
Although interested, it seems there might only be a handful of OSGeo-ers
there, and it pretty much seems like a no-go.

I believe we should look at other options.

Good news is that there is lots of talk and nominations for the Sol Katz
Award; that is going strong.

I am now thinking of a virtual announcement for the award, in early
October as we suggested.

As for the AGM, I am not sure, so I wanted to let you know here.

-jeff