[Board] Offtopic: core values

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Apr 10 10:53:19 PDT 2013

Hi all (Board, community, anyone),

As part of a leadership training course I am taking, this morning they
forced me to list my personal Six core values.  I came up with my own
six core values (below), and then later we were told that these values
should hopefully match your company's values (in my case, this is OSGeo).

I find this very interesting.  I am learning a lot, about myself, and
others in OSGeo, through these exercises.  I sent this email in case
someone else finds this interesting.

--

Jeff's personal top six core values:

Community
Integrity (honesty)
Innovation
Perseverance
Friendship
Fun

--

Organizations should have core values (think of what Google's core
values would be).

Anyway this is high-level stuff, and may bore most, but, I find it
important to step back sometimes and analyze myself.

-jeff