[Board] Today's meeting

Peter Batty peter at ebatty.com
Thu Apr 11 07:07:03 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Unfortunately I may not be able to attend today's meeting, it's right
before an important customer meeting that I can't move. There's a chance I
might be able to attend the first half, but will depend if I can find wifi
close to the customer location just before (I'm in a wintry Toronto,
vaguely in Jeff's part of the world!).

Quick updates from me ... have been working with Paul and Cameron on the
RFP for FOSS4G 2014. This is almost ready to go.

And all is good with FOSS4G 2013, though we're at the usual nerve-wracking
stage with two days to go and not many abstracts submitted, but I expect as
with Denver that 80% of the abstracts will be submitted in the last three
days! Please do what you can to remind people to submit via twitter, email
etc! There were lots of workshop submissions though (those have closed).
And we're in great shape with sponsors as mentioned previously.

Cheers,
    Peter.