[Board] Second letter/report from our attorney on 501(c)3/6/4 status questions

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 14 18:46:55 PDT 2013

Board,

Here is (attached PDF) a copy of the written responses of our attorney
to the follow-up questions and discussions that I had sent him after
receiving his first letter/report earlier this week. You'll notice that
we had also forwarded to him the info about OpenNTF getting 501(c)4
status that Jeff shared on this list earlier today, so this info is
discussed in his responses as well.

I invite you to read through it before the board meeting (in 1.5hrs) if
you can. What I read there is very reassuring and tends to confirm that
switching our current application to 501(c)6 or 501(c)4 might be the way
to go for OSGeo.

See you all on IRC

Daniel