[Board] Next meeting: 15th August, 3 UTC

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 15 19:55:04 PDT 2013

Hi Darrell,

FYI we discussed appointing a board rep for the PDX LOC in yesterday's
board meeting, and it was decided to wait until after the election when
the new board is in place at the beginning of September, to pick a rep
from the new board.

I envision that one of first the tasks of this rep could be to work with
you to define the best fiscal scenario, and at the same time better
document the process and contractual relationship between OSGeo and the
FOSS4G LOC (and/or PCO). There is a good amount of experience from past
years to work from (see emails from Paul and Peter for instance), so it
should be mostly a matter of documenting an existing process, and then
perhaps come up with a template contract that would be used for this
year and future years.

In the meantime, you may want to start updating your budget to reflect
the latest information that was not available at bid time, and submit a
final budget to the board for review and approval. That is one of the
steps that the LOC needs to go through before OSGeo provides any seed
funds or financial backing.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette