[Board] Current list of OSGeo sponsors

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Feb 4 19:48:48 PST 2013

Hi Cameron,

As Jeff wrote, I have been trying to stay on top of sponsor renewals and
documenting my interactions with them, and I can confirm that the list
at http://www.osgeo.org/content/sponsorship/sponsors.html is current.
Your email last week was timely as I had just completed another pass on
this before you sent your questions.

What is your deadline to update the OSGeo Live docs? It would be good if
you could wait a few weeks to update it as we have two new sponsors
coming (waiting for payment before we announce them), and we may
unfortunately have to take one or two off the list (I'm trying to get a
formal response from them before removing their logo).

Daniel

On 13-02-01 3:43 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> Good timing on your email, as this morning I noticed that Daniel (OSGeo
> Treasurer) was emailing sponsors.  He keeps track of these invoices in a
> spreadsheet, and gave me copies for 2012 and 2013.  He has been working
> very hard on this, others may not have known though (maybe we should
> start CC-ing board-priv@ on all sponsor-related messages from now on, so
> everyone can follow?).   I was assuming that we would discuss this
> process during the extended Board meeting.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 13-02-01 3:43 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Expanding this email to CC the board, to see if I can find someone who
>> knows the answers ...
>>
>> On 01/02/13 19:08, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>> I'm looking to update the OSGeo Sponsors page on OSGeo Live [1] and
>>> notice that it is slightly different to the OSGeo Sponsors page [2].
>>> In particular, it seems we need to remove Metaspatial from the
>>> OSGeo-Live page if the OSGeo Sponsors page is the master copy.
>>>
>>> Questions:
>>> * Is the OSGeo Sponsors page current?
>>> * Is Metaspatial no longer an OSGeo sponsor?
>>> * Where do we keep information about when an organisation started
>>> sponsorship, and when their sponsorship is up for renewal, or is elapsed?
>>> * Who tells companies that their sponsorship is up for renewal?
>>>
>>> [1] http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/sponsors.html
>>> [2] http://www.osgeo.org/sponsors

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/