[Board] Budget: GSoC money

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:52:59 PST 2013

Hello all!

yesterday I forgot to mention a point about Summer of Code money (10k,
prospected).

Last year I discussed a bit with Markus Neteler and some other people
from QGIS and it would be fair to allocate that money for OSGeo project
activities (e.g. code sprints) in proportion of the number of students
that participated to SoC.

For example, last year GRASS had 3 students, so OSGeo received 1500$
for GRASS mentors. That money can be available upon request this year.
We already did something like this with QGIS and GRASS during
2012/2013. Probably it's worth to state this officially, so that other
projects are aware that they can spend GSoC money this way.

To formalise this, I'd put all GSoC money income for 2012 (11k) as
available expense for Events - Code sprint support (instead of the
proposed 5k). Then we will keep track (as transparently as possible) of
how much money every project asks for.

Thoughts?

All the best!

Anne