[Board] Bylaws or procedures? [was: OSGeo Elections starting tomorrow]

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 9 10:01:19 PDT 2013

Hi Adrian,

As most of the osgeo.org bylaw text dates back to 2006, I can see how
the living wiki.osgeo.org text can confuse things.  If you are
interested, maybe we can hold a half-day virtual meeting to all work on
clarifying the bylaws, and then propose these changes to the OSGeo Board.

PS. I've now printed out the pdf bylaws (likely I have several copies
lying around), and it for sure is an interesting read.  Our whole
concept of Charter Members is missing from these bylaws, for example
(page 9).

But this is a big task, we'll need several volunteers to help clean this
up. (read: I'd be overwhelmed trying to take this on myself)

-jeff