[Board] FOSS4G 2014 RFP Vote

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Mon Jul 22 19:01:09 PDT 2013

Sounds like we are making up the rules as we go along.  I think we either have a board vote or not.  If someone wants to abstain because they believe they have a conflict of interest that should be their personal decision.

I'd like to find a way to select one as the international conference and let the other organize as a regional.

I'd really like to find a way to build up OSGeo revenues through some of the regional conferences as well.  Perhaps as simple as when they need OSGeo financial backing we work a division of profits.

First step is simply selecting the international venue.

Mark