[Board] FOSS4G 2014 RFP Vote

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Jul 23 10:40:21 PDT 2013

Mark,
thanks for the thoughtful response and clarification. I very much
respect your point of view and for the same reasons would vote for
Portland, you really summarized it well. But I am not on the board and
you are. This is one more vote for DC and that is exactly how it
should be.

In my opinion the board is there to decide things. In this case take a
concise decision where to have the next conference. It is not about
re-reading and re-evaluating both proposals but about taking a
decision that the committee could not take because both proposals are
equally good. As simple as that. Lets not make it more complicated
than necessary. Make a motion, vote, done.

If at least one member of the board wants to vote in private we should
respect that and only publish the result. The board has nine members
for a simple good reason: To not have ties.

Have fun,
Arnulf