[Board] Nomination for new Charter Members has ended

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 05:17:44 PDT 2013

On 25/07/13 19:26, Anne Ghisla wrote:
> I motion to accept all 37 nominees into Charter Membership and
> override the decision taken in the last board meeting.
>

> My previous vote for 30 new members was not forecasting so many great
> nominations - I thought that we would have 20ish nominations like last
> year. I am impressed by the great contributions made by all 37
> nominees, and wish to accept them all as Charter members.

I'd like to hear thoughts of other board members on this.
I'm currently erring toward sticking with our original plan of accepting
30 members, and asking for Charter members to vote. This is in line with
our Article 7.1 of our bylaws [1]:

"... Proposed members shall be admitted upon the affirmative vote of the
members of the corporation."

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/incorporation/bylaws.html

--
Cameron Shorter