[Board] Nomination for new Charter Members has ended

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jul 25 05:33:23 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-25 6:26 AM, Anne Ghisla wrote:

> I motion to accept all 37 nominees into Charter Membership and
> override the decision taken in the last board meeting.

(sorry was offline yesterday)

+1 to Venka's and Anne's motion to accept all 37 nominees.

As Ravi said, the Board should consider this, and, one glance again at
the nomination page by me, and I know that we should accept all 37
nominations.  Glance: not true, I have been following each nomination
very closely.

It does not seem right to me, to discard 7 passionate community
members.  I strongly support this motion, and would be very happy with
a total of 181 Charter Members.

Of course, there is much work to do, by all Charter Members (I'm
looking in the mirror at myself too as a Charter member).  It seems we
hit a wall every day lately with our original bylaws/policies (trust
me, I get many many direct messages from community members about this,
daily).  So, my point is, there is some responsibility as a Charter
Member, and it is my role to encourage all Charter members to become,
active.  Help the foundation grow.  For example: point out issues in
our bylaws, but, champion the changes, call a meeting, draft a wiki
page, push, push, push.

The thought of 181 passionate volunteers working together across the
globe to grow Open Source geospatial, puts a smile on my face today.

-jeff