[Board] Motions

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Fri Jul 26 05:40:29 PDT 2013

Board,

We have two extremely time sensitive motions on the table, in two
separate threads.  This will combine them here.

MOTIONS
-------

I, Arnulf Christl, motion to accept all 37 nominees into Charter
Membership and
override the decision taken in the last board meeting.

+1 Mark

I, Jeff McKenna, motion to follow a custom voting procedure[1] by the
Board, in order
to decide the tie breaker for the hosting location of the FOSS4G 2014 event.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2014_Bid_Process_Board_Voting

-1 Mark

I feel there is no conflict of interest, I simply volunteered to help out in promoting what I thought was best for the organization.  Normally I'd shrug it off.  However, I suspect that the vote is close enough that this vote could swing one way or the other based on someone else's incorrect assessment that I have a conflict of interest.  The custom voting instructions essentially says that Mark Lucas can't vote.  and yes, now were in a situation where we can be criticized either way given a close vote….

Mark