[Board] Motions

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 26 05:52:07 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-26 9:40 AM, Mark Lucas wrote:

> I feel there is no conflict of interest, I simply volunteered to help
> out in promoting what I thought was best for the organization.  Normally
> I'd shrug it off.  However, I suspect that the vote is close enough that
> this vote could swing one way or the other based on someone else's
> incorrect assessment that I have a conflict of interest.  The custom
> voting instructions essentially says that Mark Lucas can't vote.  and
> yes, now were in a situation where we can be criticized either way given
> a close vote….
>
> Mark

How can it not be a conflict of interest, when a person is on one
bidding local committee, and that same person has to decide which bid is
better?

To me this is a clear conflict of interest.  I am trying to imagine me
being on a bidding local committee, and then being on the Board and
being allowed to vote.

I'm missing the reasons here.

-jeff