[Board] Cost of OSGeo Face-to-Face meetings

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Mar 2 03:00:25 PST 2013

I'm all for using virtual meetings as much as possible.  One thing we
must be ok with, is that if we don't have the F2F at the annual FOSS4G
as usual, then several Board members likely won't be there, so other
directors/advocates will have to set up to lead things like the AGM.
And I am definitely ok with that, we have a strong community and one or
two missing people should not stop an AGM.

So I am +1 to not fund F2F travel expenses (like Jáchym said, I'd rather
see that 40k go to core activities such as code sprints).

-jeff