[Board] OSGeo / OSGeo-Live / LocationTech & Location Intelligence conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 14:56:43 PDT 2013

Hi Andrew,
I see that you are on the agenda to speak at the "Location Intelligence"
conference on behalf of LocationTech. This is good to see.

I have been trading emails with Joe Francia, from Directions magazine
who I understand has been involved in the coordination of Location
Intelligence. He has pointed out that there is an overlap of one of the
days with FOSS4G-NA, which is disappointing. But he has also suggested
that an OSGeo presenter is not required as LocationTech better
represents the broader Open Source community.

So I see this Location Intelligence conference as an opportunity to help
define the relationship between LocationTech and OSGeo. Key questions I
see is:
1. How will OSGeo be presented at this conference?
2. Will you be talking to the strengths of OSGeo in your presentation
(as well as the advantages that LocationTech provides)?
3. Will you be promoting OSGeo-Live, which is arguably the most
effective promotion pipeline OSGeo projects have to promote their
products? (Either referring to it in your presentation, or handing out
from a booth)
4. Would you welcome an OSGeo people at a LocationTech booth (assuming
you have one)?

Feel free to CC Joe into this email thread if you think it appropriate.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally