[Board] 2014 RFP

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Mar 30 13:15:56 PDT 2013

Hello Board,

I've been asked by the President and the Treasurer, also known as Jeff
and Daniel, to coordinate the RFP again this year.

- The 2013 event was a "Europe year".
- This year is a "North America" year.

It is possible to make this year an "Americas" year, but that would
have potential impacts on OSGeo revenue, now that FOSS4G is the
primary revenue stream. Also note that *next* year is the "other"
year, which is the year we dedicate to going to places we might not go
out of purely mercenary motivations. So we could potentially end up
with two events in a row far from the population centres of EUR/NA.

This is just a pre-amble to asking whether to prepare the request for
"North America" or "Americas". Given the financial implications, I
feel this is a board question, not a conference question.

The 2013 RFP closed on March 31, to give you an idea of scheduling.
We're already 6 weeks behind, so a response with alacrity would be
most appreciated.

Yours,

P.