[Board] Mailing list anyone? (was: Re: ICA-OSGeo Lab Network website)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Tue May 28 10:04:07 PDT 2013

Folks,
are we really still mailing to 50+ people in the CC? Maybe it is time
for a mailing list? If yes please let me know, OSGeo will be happy to
provide one. Name anyone? (OMG, did I just ask this?).

Plus I still think that due to the "labs" word there is some overlap in
what we are doing with Education (labs in universities) and
pre-Incubating software projects in OSGeo. So I was a bit confused
reading the new website at which seems to focus on supporting early
stage software projects:
http://conlibre.org/osgeolabs/

So are we talking here about a mix of OSGeo Labs[0], ELOGeo[1], OSGeo's
Edu Committee [2]?

This Wiki page has not seen much love either:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA-OSGeo_Lab_Network

It seems to duplicate the effort of page [2]. Would redirecting the
former to this one make sense?

But maybe I have simply missed part of the communication?! In this case
I am looking forward to better understanding what this network is aiming
to become.

Cheers,
Arnulf

[0] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs
[1] http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives

.soton.ac.uk; Alvaro Anguix;alias at utm.my; maning sambale; yuri

w.pl;maria at gridw.pl; maria brovelli; Lluís Vicens; Coetzee Serena;

Ing. Manuel Haro Marquez - Laboratorio de Software Libre COZCyT

rletemeneguette at fct.unesp.br,jds at geodata.soton.ac.uk, Alvaro

>>> Tkachenko<N.Tkachenko at warwick.ac.uk>, landa
>>> martin<landa.martin at gmail.com>,vfernandez at presidencia.gub.uy,

Sent: Mon, 27 May 2013 08:38:50 -0500 (CDT)

*

--
Arnulf Christl
OSGeo Charter Member

--
Arnulf Christl (Executive Director)
Open Source Geospatial Software, Data and Services