[Board] foss4g europe

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 19 08:16:58 PST 2013

+1 for the logo, but...

Would it not be in the best interest of both OSGeo and FOSS4G-Europe to
have a deeper involvement of OSGeo in the event than just lending a logo?

I am thinking about the comments/complaints on the lack of "official"
OSGeo presence at FOSS4G-NA. What can we (as a community, not just the
board) do proactively to ensure that this does not happen again?

Daniel

On 13-11-19 2:10 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I would like to ask board members for permission, for using OSGeo logo
> to the foss4g-europe web page.
>
> This would indicate, that OSGeo supports this event and that it is
> considered as one of the key-events for the open source geospatial
> community.
>
> Proposal: Allow the FOSS4G-Europe organization committee to put OSGeo
> between supporting organizations at their conference web page and allow
> usage of OSGeo logo for this purpose.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jachym

Daniel Morissette