[Board] foss4g europe

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 11:58:51 PST 2013

Daniel,

Dne 19.11.2013 20:39, Daniel Morissette napsal(a):
> On 13-11-19 11:27 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>> [....]
>
> Hi Jachym,
>
> (Here is an idea since you asked)
>
> Perhaps a simple way to make the relationship between OSGeo and
> FOSS4G-Europe more formal might be to officially have a rep of OSGeo on
> the LOC.
>
> i.e. I realize that you already joined the LOC, but you are there as an
> individual and not formally representing the OSGeo Foundation. It is a
> small but important difference. If FOSS4G-Europe and OSGeo want to
> establish a stronger relationship they could formalize this decision and
> one of the resulting actions would be to appoint you as their liaison
> (similar to the rep of the board on the LOC of FOSS4G international),
> and then you would speak for OSGeo on the LOC, and the LOC could turn to
> you if they expect some answers or contributions from OSGeo (such as
> booth presence or speakers in the plenary). You would also report to the
> board regularily on the progress of the planning work.

Yes, I agree with you. I already try to work in a "liaison" way on both
sides. We can formalize this status of mine (or anybody’s else!) on our
next meeting (?).

I do have little problem with the community feedback - apparently I did
not manage to hit the proper niche of people, giving feedback (even we
did obtain several positive reactions via mailing lists).

What I want to say: if we would be searching for OSGeo representative in
the FOSS4G-Europe LOC except for myself, would conference-dev be the
right place to go? Isn't there some better way, how to ask people, who
want to make such type of contribution? I would like to see someone from
not-targeted-yet (yet strong) communities being on the
foss4g-europe-board for 2014, how could also cover the OSGeo
representation there, like Dutch Language OSGeo Chapter, French language
OSGeo Chapter or for example United Kingdom OSGeo Chapter.

If you think, my personality is the best at the moment, I'm going to do it.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
jachym.cepicky at gmail.com