[Board] foss4g europe

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 19 12:17:46 PST 2013

On 13-11-19 2:58 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Yes, I agree with you. I already try to work in a "liaison" way on both
> sides. We can formalize this status of mine (or anybody’s else!) on our
> next meeting (?).

I guess OSGeo would first need to receive a formal invitation from the
FOSS4G-Europe LOC to join the event as partner organization and to
appoint a liaison for the LOC.

Then we (OSGeo) would respond by appointing you.

About the rest of your email (quoted below), I'm not sure if I
understand what you are getting at. Is it that you are not comfortable
being the liaison, or just that you need more people from European local
chapters for the LOC?

About a place to find good candidates, I don't think there is a perfect
place but the conference-dev and local-chapters lists might be good
places to start. When it is me organizing something, I look in my
network and talk directly to the people who might be good candidates and
check their interest to join the LOC. Then once we've found someone we
make their role more formal.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette