[Board] foss4g europe

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:28:55 PST 2013

Very short back

Dne 19.11.2013 21:17, Daniel Morissette napsal(a):
> On 13-11-19 2:58 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I agree with you. I already try to work in a "liaison" way on both
>> sides. We can formalize this status of mine (or anybody’s else!) on our
>> next meeting (?).
>>

> I guess OSGeo would first need to receive a formal invitation from the
> FOSS4G-Europe LOC to join the event as partner organization and to
> appoint a liaison for the LOC.

OK, will take care of it.

> Then we (OSGeo) would respond by appointing you.
>

> About the rest of your email (quoted below), I'm not sure if I
> understand what you are getting at. Is it that you are not comfortable
> being the liaison, or just that you need more people from European local
> chapters for the LOC?

I all for doing it. I just think, it would be better, if it would be
someone else, since I could be considered as "captivated" (do I use the
proper word?) by some people, what I would like to avoid. I would like
to continue to be in the LOC either way.

> About a place to find good candidates, I don't think there is a perfect
> place but the conference-dev and local-chapters lists might be good
> places to start. When it is me organizing something, I look in my
> network and talk directly to the people who might be good candidates and
> check their interest to join the LOC. Then once we've found someone we
> make their role more formal.

So do I, but than some people say, the process is not open enough :-D

Just sight

Thanks

Jachym

--