[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Using the FOSS4G brand

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Nov 20 08:37:43 PST 2013

Dear Arnulf and All,

I think this discussion has been done several times
before in discuss e,g. [1] and board lists (someone will
have to search the thread).
History of FOSS4G is documented at [2] and [3]

FOSS4G refers a philosophy/concept/technology and
cannot be branded. Since it existed before the
formation of OSGeo foundation, OSGeo foundation
cannot/need not claim ownership to FOSS4G.

Hoping see more FOSS4G in the bazaar.

Best

Venka

[1]http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-November/009759.html