[Board] FOSS4G 2013 wrap up in London - notes

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 09:26:39 PST 2013

Hello all,

on Wednesday we held the FOSS4G wrap up meeting, with the presence of
Steven, Barry, Barend, Abigail, Claire, Matt, Jo, Jeremy and myself.
We had a morning of open discussions, that we subsequently wrote down
in this page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2013_Reflections_by_the_LOC
(over 100 commits made today!)

This set of considerations will be helpful first to FOSS4G 2014
organisers, even if several of them will not apply because of
conference organisation outsourcing. I hope that FOSS4G* events
organisers will find them insightful.

Specific notes for the Board ask for more precise requests in the RfP,
especially on pricing, and for explicit support to the LOC when such
discussions arise on the public lists.
I plan to expand this page
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Rfp

and bring it to next Board meeting and/or to relevant committees.

Best regards,

Anne
--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aghisla