[Board] Heads-up: plans for OGC/OSGeo Board meetup

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Sep 3 19:01:40 PDT 2013

On 13-09-03 4:00 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> My general thoughts are that it is important to bring together the OGC
> and OSGeo.  I wonder if we should set aside a few tables at the ice
> breaker, and mingle there together?  (I am hesitant to request funding
> from the board for this, so maybe we could do it inside the ice breaker
> instead?)

I am already signed up for the Ice Breaker, so my personal preference
would be to avoid planning a conflicting activity, but that's only a
selfish preference and I will make the meeting if everybody else goes.

With respect to payment, if the board approves the expense then I can
handle the technicalities (but that would require a board decision
first, and there should be a set limit on the expense).

Will the OGC board members still be around on Thursday the 19th? The
plenary only starts at 10am (see
http://2013.foss4g.org/conf/programme/daily/1/), so perhaps we could
meet for breakfast, or even in a corner of the conference center's
plenary room or registration area?

Another option could be to hold an OGC/OSGeo BOF where all board members
from both parties are encouraged to participate (assuming OGC board
members are still around), and then that would have the added benefit of
being more inclusive and community members could also participate, not
just the boards. Actually, I see that there is already an "OGC/OSGeo
meetup" planned for the 20th:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up

--
Daniel Morissette