[Board] Heads-up: plans for OGC/OSGeo Board meetup

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 3 13:00:10 PDT 2013

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for this update.  I have removed all of the other CC'd people for
now, as we discuss this in the Board.

To confirm, this is for Wed the 18th at 7pm (same time as the ice
breaker). ?

Board: can current members show if they are interested in attending this?

re: payment for the dinner: I still do not have signing privileges for
OSGeo (I believe it is Tyler and Daniel?).  I am not sure how the
payment would happen, or, even if all Board members approve the use of
funds for this.   Thoughts all?

re: number of people: it could be possible to have around 8 OSGeo Board
members present.  (if they didn't already buy ice breaker tickets)

AGI invite: makes sense to me, pending the OSGeo Board is interested in
this.

My general thoughts are that it is important to bring together the OGC
and OSGeo.  I wonder if we should set aside a few tables at the ice
breaker, and mingle there together?  (I am hesitant to request funding
from the board for this, so maybe we could do it inside the ice breaker
instead?)

Thoughts?

-jeff