[Board] Heads-up: plans for OGC/OSGeo Board meetup

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 4 06:49:32 PDT 2013

Hi Jeremy, Board,

Oh ok, I didn't know that you are not on the Board list.

I myself don't have a ticket for the ice breaker, so I am confirmed.
Including Daniel and Frank (emailed me directly), we'll likely have
between 4 and 8 OSGeo Board members there.  I also want to include
Arnulf, who has been a constant driving force between uniting OGC-OSGeo.
(Jachym, I'm not forgetting your potential inclusion either)

I would say to reserve a table for 20 (12 OGC Board members, plus
roughly 8 OSGeo reps).

I would then estimate a cost of roughly 35pounds each (inc a drink, and
tip), which would mean approx 1100 USD (or 550 USD each for OSGeo and
the OGC).

If the Board is interested, I would make a motion to approve the use of
$550 maximum for an OGC-OSGeo meetup.

General reaction by the Board?

As Daniel pointed out, there is already an OGC-OSGeo meetup planned for
Friday morning (I was already confirmed for attending that):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_meet_up
 It could be that the OSGeo Board decides as a group to attend that, and
not set aside funding for a separate meetup.

Speak up as Jeremy needs our thoughts now.

-jeff