[Board] Added "OSGeo Charter Responsibilities"

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Aug 15 06:39:58 PDT 2014

On 2014/08/15 21:42, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> As requested in last board meeting, I've added a section to the
> Charter election procedure to mention hostile take overs. Text added
> is here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process#Responsibilities
>

>  Responsibilities
>
> Official responsibilities for charter members are important, but
> relatively light. They include:
>
> 1. Annually vote for OSGeo Board members.
> 2. Annually vote for new OSGeo Charter members.
> 3. Be aware of and protect against a hostile takeover of OSGeo. This
>    threat is incredibly low but has been known to occur in other
>    volunteer organisations.

As I have mentioned on many occasions before, I hope that our Charter
Members will be assigned more responsibilities in future decision making
on some crucial issues. Now that we have tested our new voting system,
it could also be used to seek broad based consensus form our excellent
Charter Membership on some some of these crucial issues.

Venka