[Board] secretary duties

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jan 15 12:34:07 PST 2014

Hi Jachym,

I am on the BC one these days, waiting on contact info from all board
directors to complete it. I will CC you on communications with the firm
that deals with this for us so that you are aware of the process (a law
firm in BC manages it for us and contacts us every year when it's time
to do it).

The Delaware one has not been filed for 2013 yet (your email just
reminded me). I'll have a look and get back to you.

Note that the files for both, for each year, are in the DropBox folders:
  OSGeo-Finance/incorporation/tax/BC_prov_society
and
  OSGeo-Finance/incorporation/tax/delaware_franchise

(There are instructions for the second one in
OSGeo-Finance/incorporation/tax/delaware_franchise/INSTRUCTIONS-Delaware-Annual-Report.txt)

Also note that there is a 3rd annual thing, we need to pay a "Corporate
Agent" fee for the state of our incorporation (our corporate agent is
called "CT Corporation"). We get an invoice from them for this every
year around the end of the year. The last one has been paid not long ago.

Daniel

On 14-01-15 3:20 PM, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> little bit late, but hopefully not too much, there are certain things,
> which secretary should do annually, namely:
>
> * File Delaware franchise tax and file annual report (one step)
>
> * File British Columbia extra-provincial society annual report
>
> Both were traditionally organized/done by Treasurer. I would like to
> ask, if we (or better Daniel) have track on this, or if there is
> anything, I should/must do right now?
>
> Thank you
>
> Jachym

Daniel Morissette