[Board] Motion: Board election procedure

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 7 03:01:49 PDT 2014

El 07/07/14 11:33, Bart van den Eijnden escribió:
> I’m unsure if it’s a good idea to have the CRO be part of the voting
> process. There have been concerns in the past, and I share them to be
> honest:
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2012-August/010802.html
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

I don't like the idea also, the CRO has no other responsibility than
taking care of the votes, so why having this quality vote distinction.

I'd prefer something like a new round or chasing the people that have
not voted to break the tie.

Any outside reference about how this is resolved in other organizations?

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
http://es.osgeo.org